Discover the wildlife and waterfalls of Milford Sound on a round trip nature cruise by purpose-built catamaran. Marvel at the majesty of Mitre Peak, get up-close to Stirling Falls as you cruise both sides of the fjord.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1.5 - 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Milford Sound Visitor Centre, Freshwater Basin, Milford Sound, New Zealand. Be sure to allow 5 hours driving time from Queenstown and just over 2 hours from Te Anau or opt for a coach and cruise option departing from Queenstown or Te Anau (available to book on GetYourGuide).Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- Always be prepared to enjoy some rainfall during your visit. The landscape is especially dramatic during wet weather as rainfall creates dozens of temporary waterfalls that cascade down the cliff faces, some reaching a thousand meters in height
- All vessels are fully licensed with a range of beverages plus a selection of snack foods. Note that smoking is not permitted on any of the vessels
- Reservations may be amended to another date or time, subject to space and availability
- Timetables, cruise departures, and vessels may vary. In the interest of your safety, the local operator may cancel any cruise at any time due to unsafe weather conditions or boat maintenance
- Lunches must be booked at least 24 hours ahead of travel
- Choose from a regular, vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free picnic option that includes a sandwich, cheese and crackers (soup for vegan option), seasonal fresh fruit, crisps, cookie, small chocolate bar, and a bottle of water