Discover St. Peter’s Basilica from a new perspective as you climb to the top of the dome. Then follow your guide to explore the stunning interior and the Vatican crypts.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Piazza della Città Leonina, near the arches, where the square meets via di Porta Angelica. Facing the arches, our meeting point is located at the corner of the square, on the left-hand side, next to the kiosk.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security, during high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes
- The dome’s elevator takes you to the first terrace, to climb to the top of the dome you will have to use the stairs (320 steps)
- Please allow yourself approximately 20 extra minutes if you wish to climb up to the dome
- This tour is not suitable for those who suffer from claustrophobia and/or vertigo, heart or other serious medical conditions