Make memories that will last a lifetime as you swim with dolphins in their natural habitat. Learn about these fascinating creatures, and get up close and personal with them as you swim alongside them in the crystal clear waters of Madeira.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Portuguese
Select participants and date
The tour departs from the new marina of Funchal, the small marina with the big catamarans. Meet your guide in front of door 4, the last one on the left. You can park your car at the Almirante Reis parking lot just a few minutes away from the boat departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- Madeira’s regulations for swimming with wild dolphins are quite strict in order to preserve the natural habitat. It is possible to get in the water with 2 species of dolphins: common dolphins and spotted dolphins
- Due to environmental and behavioral factors, it cannot be guaranteed that you always can always enter in water but the crew will do everything possible for a successful trip. The rate of successful trips is 90%
- If no dolphins or whales are spotted during the tour, you will have the possibility of another free tour, or in case of unavailability due to weather conditions, a free trip voucher valid for 2 years
- In case swimming is not possible, you will get a refund( the difference between the price of the observation trip and the swimming trip)