Get back to nature on a 2-hour and approximately 6-kilometer hike in the Rainbow Mountains and look for local wildlife on a full-day tour from Cusco. Encounter endless extraordinary landscapes with a knowledgeable guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 12 - 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup optional
- Please provide your hotel’s name and address in Cusco center. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address), you will then be provided with a meeting point close by.
- Small group available
Select participants and date
Meet in the middle of Plaza Regocijo by the water fountain. The guide will have a list and call your name.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable clothes
- Rain gear
Know before you go
- This activity includes a considerable amount of walking at high altitude. Horses are available to be rented for part of the trip to help you up the mountain. Please note that the local partner does not offer this service, it must be arranged privately. Horses will take you to 200 meters from the top, then you will finish the climb. Price: 70 to 90 Soles, round-trip, cash only.
- The total walk up and down the mountain takes about 3 hours.
- The trek is mostly flat, except for the ascent to the top, where it is very steep.
- Please note that due to the remoteness of the places, meals may be very simple. Both are offered as a courtesy as there are very limited options. Please do not expect luxury.